If you are a person's employer, you absolutely must ensure that your
employees have work authorization or you might be in serious trouble.

But I have no idea why a coworking space would need to know your visa
status, any more than your morning coffee bar would need to ensure your
presence was legal before serving you a latte. Depending on local laws it
may be illegal for you to condition entry to the space on work status.

--
Cheers,
 David E. Weekly (@dweekly)