David Golden escribió:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Jose Luis Martinez
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
       I report with [EMAIL PROTECTED], and see that the tests aren't
getting through (only a couple). I've read that to get the reports reported
directly I should subscribe to the list, but I don't want to subscribe to
such a high-volume list. Can someone approve my email to send reports to the
list? (to approve the batch of tests that I hace already sent would help a
lot too ;))

I don't believe any approval is necessary anymore.  But sometimes
there is a delay in things getting from the email servers to NNTP,
particularly since the volume of test reports is way up lately.
(Oops!  ;-)

I propose a documentation correction in the CPAN::Reporter pod. It says:

"Because cpan-testers uses a mailing list to collect test reports, it is helpful if the email address provided is subscribed to the list. Otherwise, test reports will be held until manually reviewed and approved. Subscribing an account to the cpan-testers list is as easy as sending a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and replying to the confirmation email."

I scanned the last 10,000 NNTP reports.  You seem to account for 60 of
them.  Does that sound about right?

Yes, it sounds right. I hope I can up the count a bit more... The only sour bit is that the platform under which I'm testing is slowly crawling into disuse, and I'm hand testing (don't want to install an automated tester for now...).

Would testing on FreeBSD 6.2 and perl 5.8.7 contribute to the diversity of platforms or is has it already been taken?

David

Thanks for the tips,

Jose Luis Martinez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]