Hi,

I have a NA test report at

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/2008/05/msg1462476.html

for FreeBSD. What first drew my attention to it was:

Illegal hex digit ignored at t/UChelp.pm line 47.

as this test requires Unicode functionality that was either a) not available in older perls or b) broken in older perls. This test has:

if ($] < 5.008001) {
                plan skip_all => "Old Perl lacking unicode support";

Now, ok, perl has to parse the code before it can run it so I understand the Illegal hex digit warning but what slightly surprised me was that the reported Perl is 5.5.5 and yet the build PATH include:

PATH = /usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/perl5.8.0/bin

The test outcome is correct as NA I just wondered if there was something fishy about this set up.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited