On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:10:25AM +0100, Lorenz Domke wrote:
> Hello CPAN tester,
>
> thank you for your test report. I am not sure what causes the failure.
> On other machines the module builds without problem and tests are ok. I
> suppose that
> the version number of the requested Tk is responsible for the failure. I need
> Tk for the
> tests and therefore I must require Tk in Makefile.PL. Otherwise Tk will not
> be loaded at all and
> the test will fail. I thought that a version number 0 would be less than any
> other version number and
> therefore accept each version of Tk but may be that I'm mistaken.

Tk appears to have built fine and been included.

The problem is that I don't have a DISPLAY available:

<snip>
couldn't connect to display ":0" at
/usr/home/cpan/pit/rel/conf/perl-5.8.9/.cpanplus/5.8.9/build/Tk-804.028/blib/lib/Tk/MainWindow.pm
 line 55.
MainWindow->new() at t/Tk-XPMs.t line 27
</snip>

> I would appreciate any further information wich can help me to change my
> module in order to be
> more robust. Thank's in advance for your help.

I believe that people usually check that the DISPLAY environment variable is
set and skip these kind of tests if it isn't set.
Unless there is another way of checking that a display is available.

I'm CC'ing the cpantesters discussion list in if anyone has any further advice.

I unfortunately don't have the tuits at the moment to setup a display for the
20+ machine images I maintain for CPAN testing.

> Best regards,
>
> Lorenz Domke
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> >
> > Tk-XPMs-1.10:
> > - i386-freebsd-thread-multi-64int / 5.8.9:
> >   - FAIL http://nntp.x.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/2688669

Cheers,

--
Chris Williams