I've just upgraded the Reports website with 2 specific changes. The
first is an upgrade to the Labyrinth core code, which features a number
of performance improvements and database efficiency improvements.
Secondly the site now defaults to using the GUID .

In the first instance the Labyrinth upgrade aims to put a number of
improvements in place to speed up the page loading times. This is mostly
though making better use of the database and loading plugins that are
absolutely necessary. Having tested this upgrade on a couple of my other
sites, I'm not expecting any issues from this, but please let me know if
you do spot some oddities.

In the second instance, we will shortly moving to the Metabase as a the
primary feed for reports. David and I are working through a couple of
issues that the beta testing has highlighted, but the switch should
happen fairly soon now. However, in order to ensure that the Metabase is
fully supported, all the links will start to reference the GUID rather
than the cpanstats id or the nntpid.

What this means is that all the YAML, RSS and JSON files all now use the
GUID as a primary key. The 'id' field that currently exists will remain
and contains the cpanstats id. If you have tools that use the 'id' you
should not need to make any changes, but you may wish to think about
using the GUID for display or link purposes in the future.

The YAML, RSS and JSON files that currently exist are being updated as
reports come in and the respective pages are rebuilt.

If you see anything that doesn't display correctly or a link that
doesn't find a report, please let me know so I can investigate.

Over the next week I'll be looking at changing the Daily Summary, and
associated reports that are mailed out, to reference the GUID. After
that everything should be in place to roll out the Metabase feed once
the Beta testing is complete.

If you suspect that this may cause problems or there is an area of the
eco-system that has been overlooked, please let us know so we can ensure
that the switch to the Metabase is as painless as possible.

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Birmingham Perl Mongers <http://birmingham.pm.org>