I understand that when a prerequisite for a module isn't installed, or is a version that is too early that CPAN::Reporter shouldn't report it. That is reasonable, it stops false positives.

But look at this which happens when you try to test/install RWDE ('install RWDE'):

CPAN::Reporter: test results were not valid, Prerequisite version too low:
requires:

    Module                 Need Have
  ! DBD::Pg                2.6  2.17.1

Now there are two issues with this. Firstly the prerequisite version isn't too low, it's too high, so the
message given by CPAN::Reporter is wrong.

Secondly, I believe in this circumstance a report *should* be sent, since it's more likely that the author would like to know that his/her software doesn't install on current systems and so is likely not to be usable by an
increasing number of users.

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Adjudicator, Band Trainer, Composer, Tutor, Typesetter.
NJH Music, ICQ#20252325, twitter: @nigelhorne