On 4/14/2011 6:21 PM, Slaven Rezic wrote:
Chris Marshall<jns-cmarsh...@comcast.net>  writes:

Is there a way to detect parallel make usage
(e.g., gmake -j 3) in a Makefile.PL so that
I can either exit (because it doesn't work and
is not supported) or override (use -j 1 ) so
that the make will work?

Is this a hypothetical problem or are there some testers around using
parallel make? I would expect that many distributions break on parallel
make...

Not hypothetical.  A number of test reports for
PDL had GNU make with the -j option.  We recently
tracked down the missing dependencies so parallel
compiles with GNU make work again.

--Chris