On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 06:49:51AM -0400, David Golden wrote:
> Achievements are trendy.
>
> Just brainstorming -- we could have tester profile pages that show
> more personal stats and add achievement badges.
>
> E.g.:
>
> * 100,000 reports
> * 1,000,000 reports
> * 5 operating systems tested
> * 10 operating systems tested
> * 5 perls tested
> * 10 perls tested
> * Tested on Win32 (ditto other operating systems)
> * 1000 distributions tested
> * 10,000 distributions tested
> * 100,000 distributions tested (?!)

I like the idea of merit badges. I also like the idea of having a tester
profile page, as that could lead to more people actively identifying
themselves, rather than just an email address.

> I realize all of this would mean work by Barbie or others, but if
> someone really wants to make CPAN Testers a game, this would be a way
> to go.

I like a challenge ;)

I think this could be an ideal way to give CPAN Testers a face, rather
than the degree of anonymity it currently has.

I'd also like to be able to give testers the ability to provide more
details about themselves, such as their PAUSEID. This could then link
across the sites to better to allow authors to know who is testing their
distribution(s).

I shall work on a plan ;)

Cheers,
Barbie.