Hey...that looks familiar...
All I can tell you is that when I was translating from File to Email,
that worked just fine. Here's the same script the way I
modified it for Metabase, but note that I have not been running the
CPAN Testers (as every time I try to update my minicpan, IT boots me
off the network...considering using a sneakernet minicpan but there's
a willpower factor involved...) and so it is not tested with versions
of Test::Reporter more recent than 1.57. At that time, though,
everything pretty much worked.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use Test::Reporter;

opendir(DIR, '/usr/share/reports');
@reports = grep { /^[^.]/ && -f "/usr/share/reports/$_" } readdir(DIR);
closedir DIR;

foreach $file (@reports) {
        unless (-e "/usr/share/reports/$file") {next}
        $reporter=Test::Reporter->new();
        $reporter->transport('Metabase');
        $reporter->transport_args(uri =>
"https://metabase.cpantesters.org/api/v1/";, id_file =>
"/home/dcollins/dcollins.json");
        print "$file\n";
        eval('$report=$reporter->read("/usr/share/reports/perl5122/$file")');
        $error=$reporter->errstr();
        $error ? print $error."\n" && next : undef;
        `rm -f /usr/share/reports/$file`;
        eval('$retval=$report->send()');
        $error=$reporter->errstr();
        $error ? (print $error."\n") || last : undef;
}