David Golden <x...@xdg.me> writes:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Shmuel Fomberg <shmuelfomb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I disagree. A failure to install is a bug.
>
> I respect your position

I also understand Shmuel's position, ...

> , but this has been debated ad nauseum over the years. The general
> consensus is that CPAN Testers exists to see if distributions *build*
> and *test* correctly.

... and I also agree with that.

However, to me it's not clear whether Shmuel had actually new solutions
in mind.

So just for the archives, one *could* for instance simply render the
"Chance of all tests passing" from http://deps.cpantesters.org into the
metacpan overview page. Then again it's not clear whether that
information is worth to be that prominent because all arguments on
http://deps.cpantesters.org/static/overall-chance.html apply. And
obviously "someone with tuits"(TM) aka. "someone else"(R) has to
actually do that. Maybe a task for a metacpan contributor...

Kind regards,
Steffen
--
Steffen Schwigon <s...@renormalist.net>