On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Andreas Koenig
<andreas.koenig.7os6v...@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:
> Ricardo Signes <perl.test...@rjbs.manxome.org> writes:
>
>> Can we all agree that there's no reason at this date to be smoking with 5.13
>> or
>> 5.15?
>
> One might argue the ultimate goal of cpantesters is to find bugs. I'd
> say yes, but the bugs should be relevant. Bugs in very old and
> irrelevant combinations are *usually* noise that makes useful work
> harder for everybody involved.

You say "usually". Is there a case where it might be useful to test
and send reports against an old version?

As an alternative, would it be better to have cpantesters.org not
email the authors when a test is run against old versions of Perl?
That way each tester won't have to maintain an entry in their
distroprefs. We can exclude in a central location.