On 06/12/2014 07:42 AM, Alberto Simoes wrote:
On 12/06/14, 13:40, Nigel Horne wrote:
On 11/06/2014 16:52, Alberto Simoes wrote:
Dear Nigel, Dear CPAN Testers,

One of Nigel's machines reported on my module Math::GSL:
http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/97446734-f1a2-11e3-af0f-6440bde15059

It seems that the problem is that CC is somehow configured as ' cc'.
Yes, with that space in the beginning.

Probably caused by "$ccache $Config{cc}".

I'm calling prelbrew with -Acc=cc on MacOS to ensure cc (aka gcc) is
used rather than clang.  I don't set any spaces, either Perlbrew is
doing it or part of the Perl build.  I'm not sure how to progress from
here.

That is actually fragile and most likely wrong.
cc == gcc == clang in /usr/bin.

Only if your paths esp. point to a real local gcc you'll be fine.
My macports gcc is called gcc-mp-4.9

Try gcc --version to see if it's Apple crippled clang or your own gcc.

Thanks for your feedback. I noticed that some of your machines with
clang have the space as well. Anyway, the problem is more complicated,
as there are places where cc="ccache cc" and that fails as well.

Therefore, trying to get p5p to discuss on what ExtUtils::CBuilder
should do.

As David Cantrell said. You need to split on whitespace when the cmd is executed with list args.

--
Reini