On 12/04/2017 02:06 PM, Nigel Horne wrote:
On 12/4/17 1:34 PM, James E Keenan wrote:
On 12/04/2017 09:08 AM, Nigel Horne wrote:
I received a bunch of these today.  It may be blacklisting doit - in case it's doing it to something you really don't want it to

gateway.bandsman.co.uk : Dec 4 08:17:02 : njh : a password is required ; TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/njh/.cpan/build/Doit-0.022-21 ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/true

-Nigel

Have CPAN testers or, perhaps, the Perl Toolchain Gang, ever published a list of badly behaved distributions?

I use https://github.com/dagolden/distroprefs.git

I will check that out.  Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I have been compiling my own list of distros that are either dangerous (as Doit now appears to be), badly behaved (defaulting to invasive tests; rigged to require a response to a command prompt), defectively packaged (won't untar properly), or inappropriate for a given OS.

That list has been built up through painful experience.  I think it would be beneficial to be able to share such a list with others and others' lists with mine.  Something perhaps less official than an official CPAN distro, but something to which trusted people could contribute.

Perhaps a pull request to that repository with your suggestions would be a good idea.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

-Nigel