On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 01:10:15PM -0300, Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior via
cpan-testers-discuss wrote:

> That being said, I wonder why we don't have something like a "make"
> daemon, waiting to receive requests. The processe of doing smoke tests
> involves creating a lot of processes that run ony for a short period of
> time, at least that is what I can see checking OpenBSD with vmstat
> during a smoke test (lots of context switch compared to other uses of CPU).
>
> I'm not saying that this is something easy to fix, far from it. But
> maybe it would worth the effort, I guess.

FWIW I wouldn't use a daemon like that, because I strive to make my
testing environments as close as possible to those that ordinary users
have.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

In Victorian times, when every man wore a beard the size of a yew,
Britain ruled the world. In the early 20th century, when the beard
was trimmed to a moustache, we scraped through two world wars but
lost an empire. Today, when Mach3 Turbo multi-blades are the norm,
our national pride derives largely from beating the Swedes at
Olympic cycling.

Grow a beard.  Your country needs you.