James E Keenan <jkee...@pobox.com> writes:

> On 2/25/19 8:11 AM, David Cantrell wrote:
>> I don't need to use Andreas's analysis tool to figure out what the
>> common factor is in these test failures :-)
>>    http://cpantesters.org/distro/T/Test-Differences.html
>>
>> But I don't have access to any Windows machines, or any knowledge of how
>> to use any of the tools on that platform or how to install stuff. Does
>> anything exist now like the project a few years ago where Microsoft
>> donated some cloudy VMs for use by perl people that already had a
>> sensible toolchain and stuff installed?
>>

> Have you tried AppVeyor?  I don't have any Windows machines either,
> but an AppVeyor account has been useful in debugging.

I find debugging with AppVeyor quite tedious --- it requires a fake git
commit for every thing to try and waiting until the AppVeyor system
picks up the change and runs it.

For more direct debugging one can use free testing VirtualBox images
from Microsoft:

    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

After installing the VM one probably should install chocolatey to have a
package installer, and using choco it's possible to install
StrawberryPerl, git and other stuff.

Regards,
    Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de

    Berlin Perl Mongers - http://berlin.pm.org