Friends of CPANtesters:

I recently had a bug report about one of my CPAN distributions experiencing test failures on Windows, an OS to which I have no access. Once we discussed the problem, I accepted pull requests from the reporter and this morning issued a new CPAN release. I asked the reporter if he could generate a new CPANtesters report on Windows to that we could document the fix.

The reporter apparently did not know how to become a CPANtester, so he went to https://cpantesters.org/ (which I'll refer to here as the "Home Page"), read the "Become a Tester" section, and clicked on the the "CPAN Testers Wiki" link, which took him to http://wiki.cpantesters.org/ ... which redirected to http://cpanwiki.grango.org/ and displayed a "404 Page Not Found" page from the Birmingham Perl Mongers web site (http:birmingham.pm.org). (Reference: https://github.com/jkeenan/file-copy-recursive-reduced/issues/7#issuecomment-1722238815)

ISTR that, in the past, there was a page somewhere underneath https://cpantesters.org/ which described how to use CPAN::Reporter, App::cpanminus::Reporter and even a CPANPLUS variant to send reports to the CPANtesters database. I also recall that, at least when using CPAN::Reporter, before generating your *first* ever CPANtesters report, there was some procedure to get you "registered" which resulted in the creation of ~/.cpanreporter/ and the creation of two files in that hidden directory, 'metabase_id.json' and 'config.ini'. But the details are hazy in my mind now -- and in any event I have never configured CPAN test reporting on Windows.

I cannot recall what other information might have been presented on the "CPAN Testers Wiki," but at the very least we need to get information up on the Home Page on how to get up-and-running with your first CPANtesters report. So my questions are:

1. What can we do to provide that "get up-and-running" information on our web site?

2. What can we do to alleviate the 404?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan