On 12/29/13 9:27 AM, Zefram wrote:
James E Keenan wrote:
When I went to that page, I saw a box labelled "HTTPS clone URL"
where I most often see "SSH clone URL".  I tried the following and
did not succeed.

Github also supports the Git protocol, for which you just need to change
the scheme part of the URL:

$ git clone git://github.com/ap/opodhtml.git
Cloning into 'opodhtml'...
remote: Counting objects: 1596, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (1596/1596), 372.52 KiB | 445 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (474/474), done.

-zefram

I tried this on my laptop after trying 'https' and before posting my last message and did not succeed.

Or, more precisely, I *thought* I tried this on my laptop.

But I see now that I was using the wrong syntax.  I was using:

  git clone g...@github.com/ap/opodhtml.git aristotle-opodhtml

instead of this based on yours above:

  git clone git://github.com/ap/opodhtml.git aristotle-opodhtml

And I see that this repo does indeed have history going back all the way to Larry's original commit. I hope to pursue the rest of Aristotle's suggestions later today.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan