No, I'm not talking about topic areas for the 2015 Perl QA Hackathon, which I believe is being held in Berlin this year.

I'm talking about local hackathons, such as the ones we had in St Louis in November 2012 or in New York City in March 2013. We've been talking about having another NYC Perl Hackathon in spring 2015. But so far we -- or, at least, I -- have not been able to come up with any compelling themes for a hackathon, and I'm writing to cpan-workers to gather suggestions.

More specifically, we need to identify areas where people who are attending a hackathon for the first or second time can make a meaningful contribution by attending a one-day event. In the two events cited above, we were able to integrate first-timers by having them sign up before the hackathon to work on projects suggested by others. For example, we were able to have some first-timers write descriptions for tests in the Perl 5 core distribution lacking them.

I follow Perl-Toolchain-Gang discussions, though not as closely as the main contributors. If there are PTC-ish topics that would benefit from an infusion of efforts from less-experienced-than-PTC hackers, I would love to hear about them (on list or off), as they could be worked into themes for our (hopefully) upcoming event.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan