On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 10:47:11 -0500
James E Keenan <jk...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Does there exist already a program to compare the performance of a
> function between two different versions of the CPAN distribution?
[...]
> I suspect that with effort I could write such a program, but it
> sounds like the sort of thing that someone on cpan.workers would
> already have written.

Personally, I'd just use a simple benchmark script that loads the
module and benchmarks the desired function(s), then run it twice, with
$PERL5LIB pointed for it to find the appropriate version each time
(most easily - pointed at a git checkout which I switch between
release branches in between runs of the benchmark script,
alternatively just pointed at two different dirs containing different
versions).

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <dav...@preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter