On 04/30/2015 11:23 PM, David Golden wrote:

"an overwhelming majority was content with how things were handled..."

I must admit a lapse of mine - until this morning I was embarrassingly unaware of the actual definition of the adjective 'content' [1]. I have been using it incorrectly to express a state of "acceptance with tangible reservations, but not enough of them to express any objections". Or in other words "on the negative side, between silent and dissenting", whereas it actually seems to sit "on the positive side of silent, short of clear expression of joy".

The rest of my message remains as is.

[1] English as a 3rd language, work with me here.