On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Kent Fredric <kentfred...@gmail.com> wrote:

> XS concern is more "Make sure we don't have a circular dependency
> inside perl bootstrap itself in case ExtUtils::Manifest is needed
> before Cwd.pm is actually compiled"

I think the early toolchain list is in write_buildcustomize.pl:
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blob/HEAD:/write_buildcustomize.pl#l19

AFAICT, that makes the perl files in those lib directories available to
miniperl directly in @INC in order to bootstrap the XS modules, and then
the toolchain modules get build properly afterwards.  But it's been a while
since I looked really closely at the build order.

I *think* that if you're talking test-time depndencies, all the XS stuff
should be built by the time tests run, but someone would have to check that.

David

--
David Golden <x...@xdg.me> Twitter/IRC: @xdg