On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM, Gary Oberbrunner <ga...@genarts.com> wrote:

> [...]

My memory on this is a bit fuzzy, but I think it does get translated
to a custom Boost.Python exception (it's either that or a built-in
Python exception, which would make your task much more difficult, if
not impossible).  Unfortunately there's no clear-cut way to import
that exception.  You could try intentionally raising one in a Python
try/except block when your module is imported, though, so you could
store the exception type and reuse it later in subsequent try/except
blocks.

Jim