Dear all,

Sorry for asking a probably basic question, I have been trying to use
boost.python with Anaconda on Mac OSX without success.

My current installation works with the OSX python, for example by running
the test in boost_1_55_0/libs/python/example/quickstart

/usr/bin/python test_extending.py

where /usr/bin/python is the default OSX python.

In contrast the command

python test_extending.py

(where python is the anaconda one) fails with

Trying:
    from extending import *
Expecting nothing
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
Abort trap: 6

I understand from the internet that this is due to the boost library using
the wrong python --- i.e. the system python instead of the anaconda one -
-- but I cannot make up my mind on how to change this, despite the fact
that the project-config.jam file created by bootstrap.sh seems to correctly
point to the anaconda installation.

Please let me know if I can provide more details.

Thanks in advance for your help,

gianluca