On 2019-05-16 3:43 p.m., Jones, Torrin A (US) wrote:

What version of python does boost::python officially support?

Anything above version 2.2

I noticed in the python build file (see link below), it will only find from version 1.5 to 3.4.  Does this mean that boost python really only supports up to 3.4? Folks do appear to be using other versions, but the fact that this only goes to 3.4 leads me to believe that is as far as it’s been tested.  Is that right?

Definitely not. You are right, though: this file needs to be fixed. (I'm not maintaining this file myself, so I'll follow up with the relevant people (Boost.Build).)

Boost internally regularly builds and tests Boost.Python with versions > 3.4. and I know various distributions containing Boost.Python packages built against more recent Python versions.

See for example https://anaconda.org/anaconda/boost/files

What are the official versions? Is there any documentation that says that?

Not really, as Boost only "officially" releases source packages. Users are free to compile against a large range of tools and prerequisites (compilers, Python versions, etc.).

If you find any issues building and running against a particular Python version, please file a bug report, and I'll try to help as quickly as possible.

Stefan