At 6:29 PM -0500 5/23/01, ganns.com wrote:
>Surely this list has discussed destroying paper with sensitive writing on
>it.  What is the conclusion as to the recommended method?  Assume that the
>writing is with pencil, pen, typed, or printer output.  Assume that owner of
>these secret documents does not have the budget to use an incinerator.
>
>I've seen cheap, at-a-moment's-notice methods such as, ripping a
>post-it-note with password into several pieces and discarding into various
>trash recepticals, or even flushing down toilets.  I would rule out simple
>fireplace burning because it seem that you can even read some print on a
>newspaper, given that it has not been crushed to ash.
>
>Just curious.  Thanks

I recommend you spend about 5 minutes _thinking_ about what the
advantages and disadvantages are of various methods. Then spend
another 10 minutes or so doing some simple experiments.

Jeesh.

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns