On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 10:34:56 +0530
Andrea Tazzari <andr...@auroville.org.in> wrote:

> Hi,
> The AurovilleRadio is testing since December 2009 broadcasting
> trough cellphones connect with GPRS connections.

This sounds like a great idea. Are people using it? What is the
sound quality, and the reliability of the streaming?

> It's working fine but you need a cellphone supporting Flash
> technology and for time being are expensive.
[...]

Why is the interface  in Flash? I have just started dabbling with
mobile applications, but I thought that most mobile browsers
support HTML5/CSS3, and there are open-source projects like
PhoneGap (http://phonegap.com) that aim at cross-handset
compatibility using just HTML and CSS.

Regards,
Gora
Join the Community Radio Forum. For membership details, please go to
www.crforum.in