*India to expand community radio programme*
The move will connect rural hinterland with the national mainstream
04/13/2010,
http://igovernment.in/site/india-expand-community-radio-programme-37343

New Delhi: The Government of India has decided to expand its Community Radio
station (CRS) programme to all states.

It is aimed at connecting the rural hinterland with the national mainstream,
an official in the Information and Broadcasting Ministry said.

During the current fiscal, the community radio network will focus on
covering states like Andhra Pradesh and Orissa, which have remained untapped
so far.

An amount of Rs 3.25 crore has been sanctioned for the entire Plan
(2007-2012) period for information education and communication for CRS.

“In 2007, the network had focussed on a few regions. In 2009-10 we started
covering some states, and by the end of this fiscal, we aim to cover all
states including ones like Andhra Pradesh and Orissa, which have not been
touched so far," the official said.
Join the Community Radio Forum. For membership details, please go to
www.crforum.in