Dear All,

As you all know, the Copyright Act was amended in 2012,
with very significant amendments. Of course, as broadcasters,
the Act has implications for community broadcasters as well.

The full text of the 1975 Act is available at :
http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/CprAct.pdf
The full text of the Amendment is available at:
http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/CRACT_AMNDMNT_2012.pdf
Now there are a set of proposed Draft Copyright Rules as well - available
at http://copyright.gov.in/Documents/CRRULES_2012.pdf

During our recent workshop in Delhi, Lawrence Liang from ALF
pointed out the need for the CR movement to push for changes in the draft
Rules
so that we working on CR are not affected adversely.

Accordingly, my colleague at Maraa, Monica James, with inputs from Lawrence
has prepared a note pushing for certain recommendations and comments
on the draft Copyright Rules 2012.

The deadline for comments from the public is today, September 21, 2012.
We have already sent this note to the Registrar of Copyright, on behalf of
CRF.

The full text of the CRF letter is available on our website -
http://maraa.in/comments-on-draft-copyright-rules-2012/

best,
Ram
Join the Community Radio Forum. For membership details, please go to
www.crforum.in