On 26 October 2012 14:46, ram bhat <r...@maraa.in> wrote:

> The CR policy is undergoing review at the moment, and we have revised the
> clause to now say - broadcast of news and current affairs is permitted. the
> policy will be up for approval from the Cabinet.

I would have assumed the broadcast of news is the default position for
radio. All they have to do is remove clause 5(vi), which bans news, from
the CR Guidelines.

The Home Ministry, which makes our broadcast laws, will not approve of the
news clause. It is well known that our Universities and Krishi Vigyan
Kendras, which have cornered most of the CR licences, are hotbeds of
anti-national sentiment and threats to national security.

Sajan