Hi,

a.l.e wrote:
> ... personally, i would end it short after the lgm...
>
> external people attending the lgm should have a way to donate... and if we
> can have some reports out just after the lgm is over, we may also ask the
> people to help us to achieve our 10000$ goal...

I would recommend separating the two things - the pledgie drive allows
us to build up some buzz for the conference and know how much money we
have available, it's useful to end it earlier to (a) have a last-minute
dash like we had over the weekend and (b) allow accurate budgeting. The
paypal account for LGM is open all year round, and donations to
l...@gnome.org can be made any time - I'd perhaps make it easy for
attendees to pledge a donation during the conference, but not to do it
through Pledgie, which is really a fundraising drive.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary