hi ana,
as said in ginger's mail we're working on a plan for a long term magazine.
A plan that allow us to produce a more coherent and solid output. One that can be sustained on a regular publication schedule. This doesn't mean that we're reclaiming the right to be the only ones to edit a magazine. We're proposing for the LG Magazine specifically but there's plenty of space for other publications dedicated to libre graphics.

I don't see why not to make the froscamp mag with the resources you have - the people you've already contacted. I just wonder why to insist on naming it LGMag if we already stated the need to make the LGMag something more than the product of three day sprint.

i planned to make the LGMag release a follow up of the LGMag#0 which has been published at the LGM 2010. (i hope that my memory is not playing dirty tricks... but i seem to recall that it was mostly my idea to produce a LGMag#0 at the LGM 2010... and i've been discussing about a LGMag for more than a year with several people. no, i don't reclaim any exclusive or priority right on the LGMag: but since misunderstanginds seem to happen quite often on this list, i prefer to say it openly and explain why -- after the LGMag had been produced by ana, ginger and ricardo -- i come out with the idea of producing a LGMag with a different crew!).

it would have been a similar type of magazine, done in a similar way (well, a bit more organized and with more time for collecting the content but also a short sprint at the end to layout it), with the same name. using as optimally as possible the few resources we currently have at hand.

this was a long term plan. and this would have probably looked quite differently than what you are proposing.

i can't do it all alone and i don't think that the LG community currently has the resources to launch two such projects in parallel.

so: no, there won't be any LGMag at the next froscamp.

once your project will have produced its first fruits, and if i have the feeling that there is still a need for what i am proposing, i may come back and try to launch it again.

ciao
a.l.e