On 11/03/2010 08:34 PM, Sven Langkamp wrote:
Nothing was seen to suggest a significant neuropathic process in the right upper extremity.>
The main difference of the segmented gradients is that can have
different interpolations per segment. There are interpolations like
sinus and color interpolations like HSV. Of course in probably 99% of
the cases just linear is used. For the application it doesn't really
matter if the gradient comes as stop or segment gradient. In Krita we
can use can use both types and for Karbon we convert Gimp gradients to
stop gradients (with potential loss of some features).

I think that stops or endpoints, then having the interpolation being a family of mathematical interpretations gives the most flexibility. It is good here not to be trapped by what others are doing or what has been done before. I could imagine that 3rd or 4th order polynomial equations as the basis for the interpolation could produce some interesting results, not mention some Mandelbrot-like equations.

Greg