On 06/14/2011 12:11 PM, Lila Pagola wrote:
2011/6/12 Felipe Sanches<j...@members.fsf.org>:
I would certainly attend LGM in Argentina!
:)

Since I live in Argentina, me too!
Of course I offer all my support, and I guess I can get the same from
the institutions/communities I participate in... despite I don't live
in Buenos Aires, but in Córdoba, as Dave and Felipe know.

I think we have much work to do in Argentina regarding libre graphics,
so hosting an LGM is a challenge and an excellent opportunity to build
a stronger community including more users, designers, artists,
students...

Argentina would be also a very affordable option for our friends from
Brasil, Uruguay and Chile, at least, to participate of LGM.
best,

Perhaps needless to say, but I think Argentina answers concerns that many have had about trying to reach out to some new areas of the world for LGM. The key thing, as with any LGM, is the local support for organizing the event. I can't guarantee that I can come, but I would certainly like to and will try hard if that is where it ends up taking place.

From the Scribus project point-of-view, I know we have some struggles trying to connect to the Spanish-speaking Scribus users wherever they are, so this could definitely advance us in that area.

Greg