Hi all,

Due to several scheduling issues it took some time for Peter and I to publish a
new GIMP/Photoshop article in the Swiss PUBLISHER magazine, but here it is
(including a video) in German:
https://publisher.ch/fachzeitschrift_detail.php?t=Die%2BTechnik%2Bder%2BFuge&read_article=10275&t=Die%20Technik%20der%20Fuge

Peter did the video, and I wrote the text. The subject is content-based image
manipulation. For those who can't read German, the result of the match is a
draw. GIMP rendering is much slower than PS (especially on Mac OS X), whereas
Photoshop is unnecessarily complicated and requires more mouse-clicks to reach
the same result.

For 2018 we're planning a much bigger comparison, which will result in a
two-parter: Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop vs. RawTherapee and GIMP.

Christoph