From: Crm-sig <crm-sig-boun...@ics.forth.gr> on behalf of Ethan Gruber
<ewg4x...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 9:59 AM
Cc: "crm-sig@ics.forth.gr" <crm-sig@ics.forth.gr>
Subject: Re: [Crm-sig] A symbol made of symbols

I have a followup question to the use of crm:P165i_is_incorporated_in. We have
implemented this property to link a Monogram to a representative, idealized SVG
URI. In a very narrow subset of cases (maybe only one that I know of so far), a
monogram is notable enough to have warranted entry into Unicode, the chi-rho
Christogram: ☧

We have a need to define URIs for these Christograms so that we can exploit the
constituent letters via P106_is_composed_of in SPARQL. We have at least a few
examples of Monograms that consist of both Latin letters and a Christogram,
e.g.,

?monogram crm:P106_is_composed_of+ "Ρ" #Greek rho

So I just want to confirm that a single Unicode character itself is an E73
Information Object, even if this is an unusual implementation.

?monogram crm:P165i_is_incorporated_in "☧"

Ethan

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 10:15 AM Ethan Gruber