Dear all,

I found this reference http://joey711.github.io/phyloseq/ and this https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0061217 about a tool named phyloseq. It is described as a set of classes, wrappers, and tools (in R) to make it easier to import, store, and analyze phylogenetic sequencing data; and to reproducibly share that data and analysis with others. This might help to understand better or find more cases about processes we describe in CRM sci.

For instance, there is a specific description https://rdrr.io/bioc/phyloseq/man/merge_samples-methods.html about merging samples, so I am not sure if there is also a need for an extra link "merged" sample in CRM sci, such the one that Thanasis proposed (split) in the recent sig meeting. Probably we need more data from the biologists domain, in order to confirm that. So regard this as an information I wanted to share, relating to S2 Sample Taking

BRs

Athina Kritsotaki