Dear Rob,

Not having read the guidelines as attentively as you I usually implement P82a/b
suggesting that the begin and end date are both included in the range.

For example, here's the date related to a book published in 1586:

http://sphaera.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/id/item/7e241bb5-41e3-4e08-9ab1-547a93fe6b3d/publication/date

<http://sphaera.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/id/item/7e241bb5-41e3-4e08-9ab1-547a93fe6b3d/publication/date>

I think this is readable as a confidence interval of the book having been
published somewhen in 1586, lacking better ways to express the level of
accuracy in date datatypes.

Best,

Florian