Dear all,

I am forwarding some information regarding the SIG next week, that is very
important for you to have. Thanks to Melanie for the preparation.

"As announced, the meeting will be held on the François-Mitterrand site, quai
François Mauriac. We will be in the Leibniz meeting room, which is not the most
convenient to access but will be equiped with an overhead projector and a wifi
connexion.

Entrance will be in Tower 1 (T1), at the junction of quai François Mauriac and
rue Raymon Aron (see map attached). As access to the room is limited to staff
only, you will have to be accompanied by people from the Metadata Department,
who will be at the front desk each day from 9.15 to lead you to the meeting
room.

Important:
In order to be granted access to the building, attendees will need to be
registered in the visitor database. I will register every attendee based on the
spreadsheet that George sent on Saturday. If anyone plans to attend but hasn't
filled out the spreadsheet by Friday evening, they must contact me directly so
that I add them to the list, otherwise they will be denied access.
For security reasons, attendees will need to open all bags and luggage for a
quick inspection at the front desk. Please take that into account when making
your plans for the day.
Attendees will be asked to leave an identification document (of any kind, as
long as there is a picture of you and your name on it) in exchange for a daily
name-tag. They will be given their ID back when they leave the building at the
end of the day (or whenever they feel like leaving, of course).

Finally, I think it is best if I give my mobile phone number, so that people
can reach me if they have a problem with transportation or a change of plans or
anything not going their way: +33 6 89 91 56 18.

They can also call the Metadata Department Assistant : +33 1 53 79 59 01 / or
+33 1 53 79 86 64.

Also, my personal email address is more reliable than my professional one these
days, since there is once again a long week-end coming ahead, and you are sure
to reach me here: melanie.c.ro...@free.fr <mailto:melanie.c.ro...@free.fr>.”

Looking forward to see you there. More from me soon.

Best,

George

Sign up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EfNVR7CGmKIP-QldPW5zxLYam5-PvCuG-BYaa8BNsNM/edit#gid=0

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EfNVR7CGmKIP-QldPW5zxLYam5-PvCuG-BYaa8BNsNM/edit#gid=0>

Dr. George Bruseker
Coordinator

Centre for Cultural Informatics
Institute of Computer Science
Science and Technology Park of Crete
Vassilika Vouton, P.O.Box 1385, GR-711 10 Heraklion, Crete, Greece

Tel.: +30 2810 391619   Fax: +30 2810 391638   E-mail: bruse...@ics.forth.gr