Dear Martin, dear all,

We considered this interesting question of context and origin in the frame of
the Doremus project. For example, we describe the creation of Henry Purcell's
Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary, Z. 860 as an Expression Creation that
occurred in the historical context of the death of Queen Mary II. The
Expression itself has a historical context of Queen Mary funeral and a
religious context of Anglicism.

F22 Self-Contained

Expression

R17i was created by

F28 Expression

Creation

F28 Expression

Creation

U56 occurred in historical context

M40 Context

“Décès de la Reine Mary II d’Angleterre”

F22 Self-Contained

Expression

U63 has religious context

M40 Context

{ Anglicanisme }

F22 Self-Contained

Expression

U66 has historical context

M40 Context

“Funérailles de la Reine Mary”

To describe a concert of Pygmy music at the Philharmonie de Paris :

M42 Performed Expression Creation

P7 took place at

E53 Place

{ Philharmonie de Paris }

M42 Performed Expression Creation

R17 created

M43 Performed Expression

On Thu, Feb 25th, 2021 at 7:44 PM, Robert Sanderson <azarot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Very interesting!
>

> From the wikipedia article, the Radif is:
>     a collection of old melodies that have been handed down by the masters
> to the students through the generations
>

> Which is very interesting if taken literally as it requires *two* classes
> we don't have -- a collection class for non-physical things [dare I say in
> this context that yes I am banging that drum?] and a class for a Melody to
> parallel Visual and Linguistic sub-classes of Information Object.  Once
> there is a set of melodies, this can be the specific object of the
> activities where the tradition is passed on.
>

> I wonder about the use of Type without further properties or activities,
> as it's currently impossible to relate a concept to other classes.  An
> example which came up here recently is the precoordinated headings with
> temporal, personal and geographic facets ... for example "History (E55
> Type) of 15th Century (E4 Period) France (E53 Place)". Clearly History of
> 15th Century France is a Type, but one that should be able to be related
> to the Period and Place.
>

> Rob
>

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:10 PM Martin Doerr < mar...@ics.forth.gr > wrote:
>

>> Dear All,
>>
>> Massoomeh Niknia from Kharazmi University| Tehran, Iran brought this to my
>> attention:
>>
>> "I have a list of Iranian Intangible cultural heritage works (E71) and
>> each of them has an origin from one or more than one province (E53) of
>> Iran. for example "Radif of Iranian music" belongs to a province which is
>> called "Khorasan".
>>

>> I would like to know how can I make a relationship between the works (
>> Iranian Intangible cultural heritage) to their origins. I suppose I need
>> to show their relations by making an special activity (like belonging,
>> influencing, etc.) but unfortunately I couldn't find such a property in
>> the Model. "
>>
>> See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radif_(music) and
>> https://ich.unesco.org/en/RL/radif-of-iranian-music-00279
>> .
>>
>> I think that we have o consider a combination of the LRM concept of Work
>> and modelling collective behavior. It may reach the limits of what we can
>> do with modeling the past by identifiable individuals. It may also be
>> regarded as an E55 Type? It should be connected to particular performance
>> modelling, particular artists, may be even particular instruments.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> -- ------------------------------------ Dr. Martin Doerr Honorary Head of
>> the Center for Cultural Informatics Information Systems Laboratory
>> Institute of Computer Science Foundation for Research and Technology -
>> Hellas (FORTH) N.Plastira 100, Vassilika Vouton, GR70013
> [...]

M43 Performed Expression

U64 has cultural context

M40 Context

{ Pygmées }

Or a raga concert at Radio France :

F22 Self-contained expression

U65 has geographical context

M40 Context

 { Inde  }

F22 Self-contained expression

U54i has performed expression

M43 Performed Expression

M43 Performed Expression

R17i was created by

M42 Performed Expression Creation

M42 Performed Expression Creation

P7 took place at

E53 Place

{ Radio France }

M40 Context ( http://data.doremus.org/ontology/#M40_Context ) is a subclass of
E55 Type

U64 has cultural context (
http://data.doremus.org/ontology/#U64_has_cultural_context ) is a subproperty
of P2 has type

and you can check the other context properties in

DOREMUS Ontology ( http://data.doremus.org/ontology ) (
http://data.doremus.org/ontology ) DATA.DOREMUS.ORG (
http://data.doremus.org/ontology ) (
https://polymail.io/?utm_source=polymail&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=link-preview