From: Crm-sig <crm-sig-boun...@ics.forth.gr> on behalf of Achille Felicetti via
Crm-sig <crm-sig@ics.forth.gr>
Reply to: Achille Felicetti <achille.felice...@pin.unifi.it>
Date: Sunday, 28. March 2021 at 20:14
To: Martin Doerr <mar...@ics.forth.gr>
Cc: "crm-sig@ics.forth.gr" <crm-sig@ics.forth.gr>
Subject: Re: [Crm-sig] CRMarcheo -embedding

Dear Martin,

These are very interesting and suggestive considerations.
I will definitely treasure them.

Bests,
Achille

Il giorno 27 mar 2021, alle ore 11:32, Martin Doerr
<mar...@ics.forth.gr<mailto:mar...@ics.forth.gr>> ha scritto:

Hi Achille,

That is basically no problem. It can quite easily be formulated in FOL that at
least one of the Units must be an A2, and it should be in the scope note.
Anyway, lack of knowledge may require that the necessary A2 is not documented.
In that case, the FOL can make sure that one can infer such lack of knowledge.

More generally, as Nicola Guarino has written in his foundational paper, formal
ontologies try to minimize unintended applications, but cannot completely
exclude them.

All the best,

Martin