Dear All,

I propose a new class TXxxx Fragment Order Reconstruction:

"This class comprises activities of arranging physical text fragments in a way that attempts to reconstruct their original position in a text fragmented and often only partially preserved. It includes evident from shape, material structure and the sense that reading makes. It may even use as argument similar, more completely preserved texts."

Comment: I was shown in a conservation lab the ordering of sequences of Chinese characters, worm-bitten in a way that each character was isolated on another fragment. The ancient ink actually contained an insecticide.

All the best

Martin

--
 Dr. Martin Doerr