Dear Francesco, Richard,

I am a bit confused. Even though people wrongly call a gazetteer a "place name ontology", it has nothing to do with ontology, because it is a collection of particulars. A place is not a class.

I understand that the mapping exercise is a data transformation from Pelagios schema, rather than the data about places, to CRM (geo). That should be a question of X3ML.

Is or includes ontome.net a schema mapping tool with data tansformation instructions?

All the best,

Martin