Good spotting! I agree with Thanasis that there is any issue, but I think
that the range is wrong for P112, which I would argue should also be E18.

For example, I find a tree and break off a branch. The tree is not a
Human-Made Thing, it's an E20 Biological Object. Or I break a piece of
obsidian (I would argue an E19) into two. Or if the obsidian is part of a
lava flow, then it would be a physical feature ... and thus we end up at
E18 as the common ancestor.

I think that E18 remains correct for P113, given the described use of
removal of a part from an E78 Curated Holding. If I remove a meteorite
fragment from the collection of a natural history museum, the meteorite is
(again, I would argue) an E19. Now ... can it ever be an E18 Physical Thing
but not an E19 Physical Object? It can't be a Feature, as they cannot be
removed, ruling out E26 and below. However E78 is an E24 Physical
Human-Made Thing, but not an E19 Physical Object.  If we use E78 to model
sub-collections, and sub-collections can be removed from their parent, then
yes, here is a case where we need E18.

Rob

Rob Sanderson
Director for Cultural Heritage Metadata