From: Crm-sig <crm-sig-boun...@ics.forth.gr> on behalf of Martin Doerr via
Crm-sig <Crm-sig@ics.forth.gr>
Reply to: Martin Doerr <mar...@ics.forth.gr>
Date: Sunday, 26. March 2023 at 21:10
To: crm-sig <Crm-sig@ics.forth.gr>
Subject: [Crm-sig] Illustrating Presence, Issue 523

Dear All,

I propose to illustrate the Presence construct with frst part of the travel of
Humboldt to Venezuela:
Take the travels of Alexander von Humboldt. Many of his whereabouts do not
qualify as activities.
Use
as sources: http://www.whg-lu.de/is2000/avh/regenwald/suedamerikareise.htm (see
Appendix, google translation)
and “Alexander von Humboldt: Die Südamerika-Reise (Einzige von A. v. Humboldt
autorisierte deutsche Ausgabe): Originaltitel: Reise in die
Äquinoktial-Gegenden des Neuen Kontinents“
Actors: Aime Bonpland, Alexander von Humboldt
1799, June 5 to June 19: MOVE from from La Coruna, Spain to Tenerife island,
Spain,
1799, June 20 to June 24 PRESENCE in Tenerife island, Spain, PRESENCE on Pico
de Teide summit, meeting the Dragon Tree still living today. Existing
Illustrations.
1799 June 25 to July 16 MOVE from from Tenerife island, Spain to Cumana, (today
in Venezuela)
1799 July 17 to November 17 PRESENCE in Cumana, travel inland, PRESENCE in
Cumana
1799 18. bis 21. Nov. MOVE from Cumana to Caracas (today in Venezuela)

If this is regarded a good case, please give me feed back and help with
graphics. I have read the complete publication in German on Kindle. All places
and times in it are very precise.

Other cases would be witnesses of olitical events, such as French Revolution,
that happened to be in the city at respective times. Famous became the
discovery of a diary of a mercenary in the sacking of Magdeburg, but the
content has not yet been published. These uses of Presence allow for collecting
material from people around important social developments.

I do not have access to such cases, and would need help to find them.

Best,

Martin

--

------------------------------------