I'll work on that. It could be an alternative property or just the Truth Value associated. Opinions?

Best,

Martin

On 4/11/2023 6:50 PM, Гук Дарья Юрьевна wrote:
Dear all, if somebody is agree with hypothesis or some thesis, it's clear, but if thereis a reason to be against. How it will work?

Sincerely, Daria
*От:* Crm-sig <crm-sig-boun...@ics.forth.gr> от имени Martin Doerr via Crm-sig <crm-sig@ics.forth.gr>
*Отправлено:* 11 апреля 2023 г. 15:32:32
*Кому:* crm-sig
*Тема:* [Crm-sig] Belief Adoption example, HW issue 510
Dear All,

Here my homework with a real belief  adoption.

      I7 Belief Adoption

Subclass of: I1 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EywWv4dE2B1bH8NNm8ec0JGa6Af7_GsR/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs>Argumentation

Superclass of:

Scope note:This class comprises the action of an E39 Actor adopting propositions taken from an interpretation of the intended meaning of an instance of E73 Information Object as being true or in some way likely to be true. The adopted propositions constitute the conclusion of the action in the form of a new instance of Ix4 Adopted Belief of the adopting actor.

The basis of I7 Belief Adoption is the justification of trust in the source of the adopted propositions rather than the application of rules for inferring the respective propositions from logical premises.

Typical examples are the citation of academic papers or the reuse of data sets.

Where an instance of I7 Belief Adoption is based on personal communication (marked as pers.comm. in the studied text) this should be represented by using P2 /has type/: “Pers.Comm.” directly from the instance of I7 Belief Adoption.

Properties:Jxx5 adopted interpretation (was concluded by): Ix4 Adopted Belief

J7 is based on evidence from (was evidence for): E73 Information Object

Jxx3 assumed meaning (was assumed by): Ix2 Intended Meaning Belief

Jxx4 assuming provenance (was assumed by): Ix5 Provenance Belief

J11 used manifestation (was manifestation used by): F3 Manifestation

J12**used (was used by): F5 Item

Examples:

§My adoption of the belief that Dragendorff type 29 bowls are from the 1st Century AD

§Francesca Bologna’s adoption of Tacitus’ belief that Nero was not in Rome when the Great Fire started. (F. Bologna, 2021). [Francesca Bologna adopted Tacitus belief, of the only historian who was actually alive at the time of the Great Fire of Rome (although only 8 years old): "Nero at this time was at Antium and did not return to Rome until the fire approached his house" in : Tacitus, Publius Cornelius. The Annals. Book 15 [15.16].]

See: https://www.britishmuseum.org/blog/who-was-nero, By Francesca Bologna, Nero Project Curator, Publication date: 22 April 2021. accessed 4/10/2023

--
  Dr. Martin Doerr

--