Hi all,

I would argue that the safest thing to do is to make the PCs a subclass of
E1 and then see where we go from there. I agree with Martin that it can't
be an information object (because everything would be then) but I imagine
we would have a debate about what each .1 actually ontologically is. What
is certain is that by virtue of the fact of being something said in the
universe of CIDOC CRM it is something sayable / mentionable. This is what
E1 gives us, the most vague point of an object that can be pointed to and
named, possibly classified. The problem is right now that we have something
that is sayable in CIDOC CRM (PCxxx) but it is not referenceable. But this
is a logical contradiction. Everything that can be said can be referenced
and PCxxx can definitely be said.

For example, if I say that Bob was involved in the Production of Mona Lisa
as Creator then this is something said / stated that is important, that has
a real world referent, which has a definite meaning which is true or false
etc. Ergo, it requires provenance. The basic mechanism for provenance in
CRMbase is E13 and indicates that there was an agency behind something
being asserted of something else.

Here the thing we want to talk about is the role and the role IS an
instance of PC14. It's already an instance of a class so it should be
referenceable. (Also one might like to put a bibliography for people who
thought that Bob was Creator of Mona Lisa etc.)

So I would go exactly for Paulos' modelling but with this change:

:painting_sistine_chapel
     crm:P01i_is_domain_of :role_of_michaelangeo_in_sistene_chapel_project

:role_of_michaelangeo_in_sistene_chapel_project
   a crm:PC14_carried_out_by ;
   crm:P02_has_range :Michelangelo  ;
   crm:P14.1_in_the_role_of  :master_craftsman .
:attrAssign1
   a crm:E13_Attribute_Assignment ;
   crm:P140_assigned_attribute_to
:role_of_michaelangeo_in_sistene_chapel_project