On 7/5/05, Lalo Martins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What I thought is, by mass-slaughter, you can, as reported in that
> thread, get to level 90 quite fast.  This makes it more or less
> mechanical for the level-seekers - and a mechanical game gets boring
> quick.  It also makes it uninteresting for the game-explorer-types, who
> will try each of those dungeons once then leave in disgust, back to
> their alchemy labs.
>
> So I thought... a very-very-high-level character should, supposedly,
> have a wide range of skills, no?  It's weird that someone is level 90
> and only have three or four skills with levels above 10.

I recall a while ago cavehippo proposed an interesting modification to
the skills system. Instead of contributing to a specific skill every cast
contributes to sevearl skills (by a positive or negative amount).

This will result in an overall more balanced characters IMO, but would
require a rewrite of most of the current skills and experience system.