[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
>> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 01:20:40PM +0200, Yann Chachkoff wrote:
>>

>> The project is indeed different, but why shouldn't it have 'crossfire'
>> somewhere in it's name when it's inheritance is still so much visible?
>> (Daimonin has indeed nearly nothing to do with Crossfire anymore, but
>> thats mostly because they use completly different rules, graphics and
>> overall design).
>>

>  Note however that when they forked off, they switched the name
> immediately, when they were still basically crossfire.  AS time passed,
> things drifted apart.
>
>  A valid question of course is whether that version will always remain
> compatible.  Saying yes implies that any and all protocol changes we make
> will also be done in your server also - can you say 100% that you are
> going to do that?

In the moment i had an own project space and "project goal" i changed
the name to Daimonin.

You should just ask "is it an own project?".

In both cases, cf+ and cf2 are different projects.There is nothing to
discuss about - there are
defined standards what a project is in the computer science and i know
most of the people
in all projects have the knowledge and education to see and understand it.

For me, there was always no question that as long my work was part of
cf, i called it "iso cf" -
and in the moment i left i changed it. Its not a question about content,
its a question of
identification and respect.

For me i can say that i played with the idea to name it "crossfire
evolution" or something.
When i would had did it, then with the explicit idea to do something
like a "cold takeover".
Takeover in terms of user and the fact crossfire is well known and
established.

I would assume that this is partly a reason why someone name a fork cf
something.
Just because it was something i was thinking about by myself, and i
think thats a
good reason to believe that other think it too.

I did it not - but as i said - it was part of my thoughts.

Even if you claim that this ideas are NOT part of the reason to name a
fork cf something,
you must be aware that people WILL think it because its the most logical
answer.
To assume something different is, sorry, naive.

Again - that was my thoughts and as an established fork i can garantie
that nearly everyone of our players and devs would think the same.