On Mon, 11 Jan 2021, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

Hello.

I've been playing a Valkyrie follower, so I wanted to share some points & fun
things - everything is my personal opinion of course :p

I've got a regular character that's a follower of Valkyrie.

Fun fact: even if all magic is forbidden, potions, wands/rods/scrolls are
allowed. Of course it's critical for the game, but maybe the Valkyrie lore
(which states that magic is filthy) should be slightly adjusted to reflect that.
Maybe Valkyrie hates the follower channeling magic herself, but not magic
which was "tamed"?

After several years of playing the character I ended up modifying Valkyrie to allow her followers to use Turning spells only.

I also wanted to block her followers from using wands/rods but it turns out the server doesn't currently support that. There may have been a plan to re-enable it.

Valkyrie's enemy list is so long that Turning spells should be a good source of experience to offset the loss of wands/rods.

There was a thread in May.

http://mailman.metalforge.org/pipermail/crossfire/2020-May/013646.html

Rob