If I attack an NPC by standing next to it and attacking with something like 'use_skill one' (or applying a sword and shift-arrow in the direction of the monster), then the NPC will clear the unaggressive flag and call monster_npc_call_help() to alert nearby monsters.  This is in server/attack.c: hit_player() at about line 2072.  If I attack the monster by running at it, then the code in server/move.c: push_obj() at about line 481 does not call for help.

Is that intentional?

Also, in mosnter_npc_call_help(), it uses object_set_enemy() but does not clear the unaggressive flag, which doesn't seem to make the NPCs move and attack me in my testing.

Is that also intentional?